It occurred to me as I walked back to the house last night that in 4 months, Pip will, all being well, arrive. The fear suddenly hit me and all evening I had a processions of thoughts, one after the other.
1. I have to give birth. I haven’t even begun to think about that.
2. I have to not only move house but find a house. Which will accept two people, one almost person, a cat and lots of furniture. (and then pack and move into said house). Which will be a tiny one bed flat, which is all we can afford.
3. Will I ever have any time to myself ever again?
4. Will I ever be sexy again, once I’ve had Pip and become a mother? (Tied no doubt to my 30th birthday, which is in a months time).
5. Will we cope?
6. What happens if I start to bleed or go into early labour and it’s one of the three weekdays when my husband is working in London every week? When should I start making contingency plans?
Oh my, what a lot of worries.